Tue Nov 20 04:00:33 PST 2018





GRE Words and short story#5







  1. antagonize-(v)-to provoke or annoy to anger

  2. chicanery-(n)-deception by means of craft of guile

  3. dilate-(v)-to make larger; to expand

  4. dissemble-(v)-to present a false appearance; to disguise one's real intentions or character

  5. elegy-(n)-a sorrowful poem or speech

  6. euphemism-(n)-an inoffensive word or phrase in place of a more distasteful one

  7. gregarious-(adj)-outgoing, sociable

  8. impetuous-(adj)-quick to act without thinking

  9. intransigent-(adj)-uncompromising; refusing to reconcile

  10. lethargic-(adj)-acting in an indifferent or slow, sluggish manner

  11. obsequious-(adj)-overly submissive and eager to please

  12. prevaricate-(v)-to lie or deviate from the truth

  13. soporific-(adj)-causing sleep or lethargy

  14. ostentatious-(adj)-excessive showiness




Story



The scene was
ostentatious: over a hundred men and women dressed in silk and golden robes; baroque columns extending over fifteen feet into the air, and in the middle, a gorgeous female on this
lethargic-yet sensual-pose. She was in the middle of it all, crying fervently as she recited an
elegy damning her late husband's death.



The scene could've been a lot more maudlin had it not been for the unfortunate arrival of this imbecile, whose excessive
gregarious behavior created a dissonance in my ears as he greeted the extensive repertoire of acquaintances.
Can the ass kissing please wait? I asked myself, wishing he would shut up so I could continue enjoying the magnificent show.



But it didn't.
Gosh was this idiot annoying. A few years back, before I had put an abrupt end to my
impetuous tendencies, if someone had
antagonized me to this level, I wouldn't have thought it twice before jumping off my seat and landing a deliciously placed kick on this asshole's neck.



Not now, not with my girlfriend here, but hell did I wish the feeling could materialize in the form of him squeaking following the aftermath.
Not now, I repeated. I would have to wait for the intermission in order to give a few tips on decorum to this individual, and even then, I would have to make use of some
euphemisms to describe his less-than-tasteful behavior at the opera house. Nonetheless, that didn't mean I would be
obsequious to this idiot, or that I would
dissemble for his sake.
Hell no! I would be
intransigent about the fact that if he kept on ruining the vibe of tonight's opera, there would be hell to pay afterwards, if not at the very moment the transgression was made.



Granted, some saw this events as nothing else but
soporific endeavors, but I didn't. I loved it, as a matter of fact, and I wasn't going to take any more of this dude's crap.



When all this thoughts had been over, the first half had ended.
Shit. I flinched at the presence of additional light, my
dilated pupils had been used to the more soothing vibe of the show. Regardless, it was time to make this douche's acquaintance.



I saw him there, in some deep torpor.
The dude had passed out! This did nothing else but fuel my current disgust to his being, and I began heading viciously towards him.



"Listen," I whispered in his ear, while my right had gripped with all its might the critter that lived between his legs. "I didn't come here to
prevaricate: you make one more noise during the opera's second half, and I'll rip this surplus of dead weight out of your torso!"



His eyes were wide open; his body shaking, still trying to figure out what the fuck had happened. When it finally sinked in, he began babbling some cheap excuse: Oh, I hadn't noticed it had begun...so sorry...etc....etc.



I closed the grip tighter; he made a high-pitch noise, and I continued my diatribe, "I won't take any of this pathetic
chicanery of yours, if you..." another high pitch noise escaping from his tormented body. I released my grip, and instantaneously delivered a powerful slap that caressed a significant amount of his face's surface area.



He stood there motionless, and as I walked off, those that had been closed enough to witness what had transgressed began clapping.
Good. I grinned,
at least I am not the only one that appreciates a little bit of deference during the opera.




No comments:

Post a Comment

c:\Users\venkpi\Downloads\me.html

"http://vedicastrology-prognosis.blogspot.com/" "https://gre-vocabulary-list.blogspot.com/" "https://sitaramp...